The LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE shall:
The WSSRA State Legislative Committee lobbies the Washington State Legislature and works with Association members to promote public policy benefiting retirees. Membership on the committee is open to all WSSRA members, and carries the following duties:
- Attending committee meetings in Olympia during the Washington State legislative session.
- Working as a volunteer lobbyist and representing all WSSRA members from the the committee member’s coordinating council region.
- Attending regional coordinating council meetings to report on WSSRA legislative activities.
- Conveying legislative and political information to local school retiree units and WSSRA members within their coordinating council region.
The HEALTH SERVICES COMMITTEE shall:
- Participate in meetings three times each year. One in the fall, one for our Service Committee work session in April and in June at the state convention
- Attend Coordinating Council meetings for the District represented
- Report Health Services Committee activities to local Unit Presidents/Health Chairpersons, and disseminate information as needed
- Review committee policies, procedures, goals, and committee member job description yearly
- Write health education articles for the WSSRA JOURNAL
- Attend Senior Issue Conferences and workshops when possible [BD 04/13]
The MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE shall:
- Assist local units to increase membership
- Promote local and state membership
- Promote participation in dues deduction program
- Abide by rules of confidentiality of WSSRA membership lists
The OUTREACH COMMITTEE shall:
- Support retention of members, active and retired
- Promote communication through:
- Coordinating Councils
- Outreach Corner in the JOURNAL
- Maintain a task force of one member from each Coordinating Council to work with the JOURNAL Editor
- Seek ways to increase visibility of WSSRA throughout the state
The RETIREMENT PLANNING COMMITTEE shall:
As its primary purpose, assist Units to organize local Retirement Planning Committees and to support and guide these Unit Committees in carrying out their roles, and to update the Retirement Planning guide on a yearly basis by insertion or revision